This page contains a number of resources for job seekers. If you have trouble accessing these links, please contact us.
These resources are not created by the Westmead Redevelopment project. For questions related to a specific resource, please contact the resource publisher for more information.
- Visit our jobs page which lists current vacancies at Westmead Hospital as well as links to other organisations including project and precinct partners.
- Visit the Careers in NSW Health website and watch the introductory video that outlines features of this website, including tips on apply filters when searching and instructions for the application process and job alerts.
Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers
Finding a job can be tricky – that’s why we’re trying to make it easier for all job seekers, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We’ve included some handy links below for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers, looking for a career in health.
An Aboriginal person means a person who:
- Is a member of an Aboriginal race of Australia
- Identifies as an Aboriginal person
- Is accepted by the Aboriginal community as an Aboriginal person
NB: within NSW Health, the term “Aboriginal” is generally used in preference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, in recognition that Aboriginal people are the original inhabitants of NSW.
For more information on the terminology, particularly within NSW Health, visit: https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2005_319.pdf
Artwork above: Leanne Tobin's Dance of the Dragonflies
. Read more
about Leanne and the importance of dragonflies for many Aboriginal people.