picture your photos in westmead's new hospital
Keen with a camera? Love a good photo? Or simply carry your smartphone with you?
Congratulations! You’re one click away from entering The Westmead Redevelopment Photography Competition.
Six categories provide a world of options. And the rewards are sizeable. Not only is there more than $4000 in prizemoney on offer, but your photo could find pride of place in Westmead’s new hospital building.
“Winning images will be installed in the new Central Acute Services Building and used in digital form across the precinct,” Westmead Redevelopment project’s director of redesign and transformation Carla Edwards said.
“They’ll be placed in our new interview and family rooms where patients, families and carers meet staff to discuss the progress of their loved ones.
“We know from our discussions with community and staff that providing art in these spaces matters to people, providing warmth and connection in the clinical environment.”
The photo competition, one of 14 projects in Westmead Redevelopment’s Arts and Culture Strategy, comprises six categories:
- Black and White - consisting of grey, black and white shades.
- Landscape and Nature - capturing nature, and aiming to create a soothing, calm environment.
- Cultural Landscape - capturing cultural aspects of society.
- Mobile (phone and tablet) - taken with a phone or tablet.
- Student - taken by students.
- Laboratory & Pathology – representing life, blood, science, disease & technology.
The competition, overseen by the Westmead Redevelopment Arts and Culture Committee, is open to the entire community – staff, volunteers, construction workers, consumers, students and residents.
Entries close September 30.
Click here to download your entry form
More about The Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research (ICPMR)
Terms and conditions