Westmead Hospital's main entrace foyer is being upgraded with new flooring, paint and furniture, to provide a more welcoming space for patients, carers, families and visitors. This work is expected to be complete in mid-July 2018.
• Replacement of old water tanks and boilers with a new hot and cold water system
• Replacement of nearly 200 fire doors
• Electrical audit of existing areas in Westmead Hospital, including all wards, cupboards and distribution boards
• Replacement of implant room switches for building management
• Installation of new roof framework in block B of Westmead Hospital and ICPMR
Construction workers and contractors will be around Westmead Hospital conducting this work. Please exercise caution and follow signage when walking around construction areas.