Artist's impression of the new hospital building approaching from Hawkesbury Road.
The Central Acute Services Building - next to the existing Westmead Hospital and The Children's Hospital at Westmead - will serve western Sydney's health needs for generations to come.
Watch a video fly-through of the building and read more here.
The new hospital building includes:
• Two new emergency departments (one for adults and one for children)
• Digital operating theatres
• Inpatient units with comfortable, modern patient bedrooms
• Expanded, state of the art pharmacy and medical imaging services
• Cardiac inpatient units
• Sterilising service
• A NSW infectious diseases unit
• A new helipad
• One-and-a-half floors occupied by the University of Sydney
The new entry plaza and forecourt features:
• Landscaped green spaces
• Connection points to the Parramatta Light Rail and the future Sydney Metro West
The overall design:
• Has more spaces with natural light
• Pays tribute to our indigenous history, with artwork and spaces of respect for Aboriginal culture
• Has education, training and research areas embedded into every floor
• Connected to the new hospital building is the Westmead Innovation Centre, which is also part of the $1 billion Westmead Redevelopment
The Westmead Innovation Centre aims to tap into the precinct’s existing expertise across healthcare, research and education. It will provide a space that fosters new ideas to solve the health problems of today and the challenges of tomorrow.
The centre will also enhance collaboration with industry and commercial partners.
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter. Editions are circulated on Mondays.
View artist's impressions of the new hospital building including the plaza and Innovation Centre